Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Sidewinder

This is a joystick as you can see. And it's the coolest one I've ever seen because this is the only game controller I have except for the keyboard. (I don't have any consoles.) A long time ago in a galaxy not very far away, I was looking in my junk closet (None of the stuff in it was my stuff and I was curious.) and I found an old, unopened paintball gun and I found a big huge box with the picture of a joystick on it. So I bring it down to my Dad and ask him if I can open it because I realized all the stuff in the closet was his anyway. He said yes and I asked him why in the world would he own a joystick and he said because he got this simulation game thing called Flight simulator. So I went and looked back in my room and eventually, I found the game and I brought it downstairs to him. Then I found out that the joystick came with a game called Mechwarriors. So I installed Flight simulator, Mechwarriors and the Sidewinder joystick immidiately and learned how to really fly and airplane with the joystick which was really exiting but I don't know about Mechwarriors. Your a dude in a big robot called a Mechwarrior with guns and rockets and stuff and you have to kill the other Mechwarriors. About a month later, my mom was getting a whole bunch of educational disks before we went to Africa. One of them happened to be a game called Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX. It was this game where you could be a famous trick biker and you try to get as many points as possible by driving the bike. A few days after I installed it I realized that you could drive the bike with the joystick instead of the keyboard. Months later it was time to go to Africa so we left (Without the joystick or the games) for a year and when we came back the computer (THE JOYSTICK COMPUTER!) didn't work because it was old so I tried installing the joystick in other computers but only my Mom's had the right plug because they don't put the kind of plug in computers anymore. So I tried installing it and it didn't work. No point of the Sidewinder any more. I tried installing the trick bike game no point of my favorite game any more. The only game that worked was Mechwarriors. I'm not installing Flight simulator on the computer because there isn't any point of it without the joystick because it's got like fifty keys on the keyboard that I don't understand. This ends the sad sad story of my joystick. :(

No comments: