Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Genesis 3D

Sorry this isn't a good picture but I didn't have a stand for the camera or a camera for the computer. Well, this is the game designing download. It's called Genesis 3D. I haven't learned how to use all the tools yet but I know most of them. Basically all this is right now is a rectangular prism with no textures. The three blue boxes represent each of the sides of the box. The one next to the black square is the shape of the top and the bottom of it. The one below the black square is the front and back of it (what you're facing and the wall behind that) and the last square is the other two sides. Now you're wondering what the black square is. all it is is the cube but right now it's just focused on one side. If you change the view you can see that it's a room and not a square. Right now, since it doesn't have any textures, the walls are black. You can add different textures but I don't know if you can add your own. So far I only know how to make a cool room and how to put two rooms together and how to put an already programed game into your room. The game I want to make is with Lego people. I want to use another program to make a virtual image of Lego people and put them into this program using bluetooth or something. But I also need to learn how to add my own textures with this so that I can take a picture of a big Lego wall and put it on here for a texture. I'm going to try to learn the rest of the tutorial asap so that I can try to do this. The website for the tutorial and the download is: http://www.stormthecastle.com/mainpages/videogametutorial/tutorial_videogame2.htm
PS:there is an underscore between tutorial and videogame2, not a space.

No comments: