Wednesday, November 28, 2007

messing with lightsabers

Yesterday afternoon, my little brother and I were digging around the junk in my dads shed. A few minutes later, my little brother said "cool!!!." He said "I found a lightsaber!!" Then I told him " it's not real" and somehow, he turned it on. We brought it into the house and I took a picture of him holding it.

OK, all of that was a lie. Here's what really happened: It was time for break time for my sister and I, so I went to youtube.com. I found this tutorial on how to use a program called Gimp2 that my sister happened to have for taking pictures and making them look like someone is holding a lightsaber.

I took a picture of my brother holding a broom handle. (if you look closely at his hands, you can see the wooden part of the broom.) I put it on Gimp2 (which is actually a free paint program on the computer.) and added the effects to make it look like the broom handle is a lightsaber. I made about 2 billion pictures with these kind of effects including one of me stabbing a barbie with my lightsaber. I'm trying to figure out how I can use these effects in a movie now.

No comments: