Monday, April 28, 2008

Nintendo Wii

Hello... Again... Today's post is about the Nintendo Wii... Well, not necessarily... It's mostly about the controller... Well, let's get over with this. Once upon a time, it was a few days ago. I didn't have anything to do so I checked my email. I had a few new ones including one that my dad sent. The email said something like: If you guys do this than I'll get you a Wii. He sent it to everyone else too. So I looked at the link he sent along with it. It was to somewhere called: http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/245 Ted.com is this website that my dad likes a lot. It stands for something like Technology, Entertainment and Design. So, anyway, the video that he sent me was about someone called Johnny Lee. He's some kind of hacker or something. He shows a hack he used on a Nintendo Wii remote. First off, he mentions how there is a special camera inside the remote that senses 'infa-red' lights. So he uses some kind of cable to attach the remote to the computer and points it towards a projector screen. (In other videos he points it towards himself.) He uses blue tooth or something to put it on his computer. After that, he uses a infa-red light and points it towards a link on the projector screen. Since the Wii remote can sense that, it opens up the link. He also mentions how you can also do 'multi touch' on it. When he does it pointing towards himself, he can point infa-red lights toward the remote or put infa-red lights behind the remote and reflect it off of his fingers or reflective tape. You can go to his website: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/ and see his videos or download the software he uses for his projects. So, anyway, after I can afford to spend $40 on a Wii remote, I might as well forget it. There's nothing else to write about so... the end.

No comments: