Friday, April 18, 2008

Lego Digital Designer Pt. 2

I will not put a picture on today because... um... who knows. But oh well. This is part two of my tutorial of how to use Lego Digital Designer simply because it's the only thing that people would actually want to read... or at least in my imagination. If you think my blog is lousy and needs more work, you might as well not read it because if you think that way, there are millions more blogs to read, so please leave me alone about that. Sometimes I don't feel like typing whole words so I might use 'chat words' such as thx, tyvm, np, ty, and a whole bunch others unless you don't want me to which you don't because you probably have no clue what they mean in the first place. So just pretend I didn't type anything of the sort. I will probably have a long introduction so you might as well skip to the part that says ----- and not read this. First of all, I would like to tell you about a whole bunch of awesome pranks that you can pull on the computer. Not any that will harm anyone, just some that annoy people. First of all, the 'Desktop background trick'. My sister did this to me and left me confused until I finally found out what she did. Open something like the Internet and press the 'restore down' button (one of the three buttons in the top right corner of the screen) and size the screen so that it's in the middle but so that you can also see the surrounding icons and things on the desktop background. Now press the 'print screen' button on your keyboard. Go to any paint program and copy that image down. Save the image and set it as your desktop background by right clicking on it and choosing the option. X out all the open windows and there will be a fake one that looks realistic so that when someone tries to close it, it doesn't work. You can try it to make sure. (To add onto this trick, hide all the desktop icons so that when they click on the images of them, it doesn't work.) If you have no clue what I said, oh well. There are a whole bunch of others but you're probably getting tired of my stalling for my long and boring tutorial, so:
-----
Yesterday I finished talking about the 'Brick Palette'. There are two more things to talk about. I will start with the one that is easier to explain. The change view thing is just something where you can click on things to move your view. It's pretty useless if you have a mouse (which believe me, you have.) because you can just use right click and move the mouse to change the view and use the mouse scroller or whatever you call it to zoom in and out. Okay, we've covered that, now the 'change mouse options thing' as I call it... It has... let's see... I forget how many options, but I'll cover all of them. First of all, the select button, the select button is what you use to move bricks around. There are more options that come off of it. First, there's single select. This lets you choose only one brick at a time. Then, there's multiple select. With this, you get to click on more than one brick to move them all around at the same time. Then, there's select connected. This lets you select every brick that's connected to the one that you clicked which is just another way of saying pick up the whole model. The other three are select all of the same color, select all of the same shape, and select all of the same color and shape. I obviously don't need to tell you what those do. The next option is the duplicate option. This lets you click on any brick and automatically get another brick at the same time. If multiple bricks are chosen when you choose the clone tool, than all of those get duplicated. The next one I think is the Bucket Tool. When you click on a brick while this is selected, you get to change it to a different color. The next one is Delete. This does the same thing as the clone tool only the exact opposite. If you don't know what the word Delete means, look it up. Okay I finished everything important about that. There are some bricks that you're allowed to buy and some that you're not. When you build a model built of only bricks you're allowed to buy, you can click on the picture of the red brick with a price tag on it to check your price and buy it if you want to. If you build one with some that you're not allowed to buy, (usually the cool ones) then you're not allowed to check the price. There are three modes. One is the building mode. (we already did that) One is the view mode and one is the instruction mode. The view mode lets you see your model with a background which is what it'll look like on the box if you buy it. One option lets you explode your model just for the fun of it and see all the pieces fly everywhere and eventually see them come together. One is the change background key which you know what it does. And that's all I can remember. The instruction mode lets you see how to build your model in the order that you built it or how to build a starter model. I memorized how to build this awesome train with this. You can go between steps that build three bricks at a time and build it on building mode. That is all I can remember so I will spend the rest of my hour that I am supposed to be writing my blog typing random boring math problems... On second thought, never mind. I will just finish typing about my computer pranks.

If you have the right kind of keyboard, you can pop off the keyboard keys and replace them. Make sure you're an expert at this before you try this prank. Pop off all the letter keys and replace them in random places. If the next person that gets on the computer is not a touch typer, but a 'hunt and peck' typer, than they will get really confused. If you have some kind of video program installed, then make it so that it videotapes the whole screen. Hide the screen and let someone get on the computer. If they get on IM or something, and they don't want you to see what they're typing leave. After they finish, stop the video and see what they've been typing about you and go confuse them saying exactly what they typed. When you get on your email, and then you go to blogger, you automatically go to your blog without typing the password. If someone is on their email and gets off, go to blogger in another screen and type a random post. (Don't be really mean and only put what they deserve. Don't use this prank a lot either unless your 'rage lvl' is too high.) Some of these tricks I've never tried but I'm sure they'll work. I'll only use these If I really really really need them. That's all I have to say. The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.