Friday, October 26, 2007

The bird sculpture in our house

This is another sculpture in our house. Unfortunately we didn't get this one from Africa. In fact, I don't even remember where we got this. Maybe It was already at our house when we bought it and maybe we had it since I was born. Who knows. I think it's cool because of how whoever made the sculpture balanced the birds. But the birds are all dusty and there's a cobweb at the top of the sculpture. I just realized that all the birds were made exactly the same shape so I don't know if it was made by a machine or not. The only history of it that I know of it is that it's been sitting in our house for as long as I remember.

1 comment:

Sheikha Munira said...

That sculpture belonged to your Dad's grandmother (Grandpa Siddiq's mom). When she died, he asked if he could have it, and we have moved it from place to place since then. It lived at your Aunt's house for awhile when we had nowhere to put it, until we got our first house.

You really should clean the cobwebs off...