Thursday, October 25, 2007

Monkey sculptures


These are some smaller sculptures that we got from Africa. I call them monkey sculptures. We got them from a place called Gory island. It used to be where people kept slaves but now it's a tourist area. There were a whole bunch of people selling things. (My dad got his first Thinking man there.) I think there was this guy that sold these to us. (I forgot a lot of things.) The guy told us that the one on the left represents "don't see evil" The one in the middle means "don't hear evil" and finally the one on the right means "don't talk evil" Now we just keep them on the ledge above our fireplace where we keep our D.V.D.s. That's all I remember about the monkey dudes.

1 comment:

Sheikha Munira said...

that would be "See no evil," "Hear no evil," and "Speak no evil."...but in Senegal he might have said it differently of course...

Also, it is Thinking Man (capital M). You are missing a lot of capital letters for proper names, beginnings of sentences, the word 'I' and so on..

I will be checking your blog for this...