Saturday, February 27, 2010

Music

I used to dislike most music, but that's because I didn't listen to any of the music that I do listen to now. I don't like most music with any kind of vocals (Except A Cappella (here); A Capella is awesome.) I like some music with vocals though. I like it when the vocals make sense and I actually care about them. That rules out most love songs because they're either about being rejected or not liking the person you're in a relationship with and I don't care about either. I hate the songs where people scream because first of all it sounds bad, and second of all you can't understand a thing they're saying. I don't normally like rap because those songs are usually about sex, money, murder or some other thing that you shouldn't be singing about. Other times, they just put words that rhyme together that make no sense at all. I'm okay otherwise. The kind of music I do like is techno and trance music. My two favorite are this and this. I know a lot of people who hate techno, but I think that's because they've never actually listened to what I think of as real techno. Real techno for me is melodic, something that's not distracting if you're doing work, something that you can listen to over and over and not get tired of, something relaxing or exciting depending on the mood you're in and has several other qualities. Songs with vocals usually don't have those. Sometimes I'm listening to song's piano intro, and I'm thinking 'This is an awesome song!' and then the vocals have to come in and ruin the whole thing. But the real reason I brought all this up is because I wanted to tell anyone who's reading this that I made a song. It's simple, and it's my first. Sometimes, I'll think of a melody in my mind and hum it so I don't forget. When I get to the keyboard (electric piano, not the thing connected to your computer) and learn to play it on that. I finally found out how to put these onto the computer using audacity and that's what I did. The problem with coming up with these melodies is I always come up with them at the wrong times. I'll think of one in the middle of class or in the car on a road trip, never right by a piano. Anyway, this is the song I made. It could have been better, but that's how it turned out in the end.

1 comment:

KC (Kitty) said...

i agree with you about music although you know i love screamy music so ill have to disagree with you on that because if you listen to it carefully you can easily tell what they're saying XD although do you like the soft piano music? like mozart and beethoven? i love that stuff :D haha. well bai