Sunday, August 28, 2011

New School

Here's my sporadic update as usual, if "sporadic" can be usual. So, it was recently the 25th of August, which I only know because that's when school starts, and school started. I never remember dates otherwise, except for September 10th because that's when something awesome happens.

So I'm writing right now to tell you how school has been so far. As I think I've said before, I'm not going to that American public school that I went to before. I'm going to a different American public school, but this one is cool. Only 105 or so kids go here, and it's kind of an alternative school. Basically most of the classes are taken through the internet, so you can work ahead. As soon as you finish a class, you begin a new one or you get an internship or something in place of that block. It's meant for both kids who are falling behind in school and need to work more to catch up, but also for kids like me who aren't learning enough in school and want to take extra classes and graduate early. I'm now focused on graduating as a junior. If I'd known about this earlier, I bet I could be graduating this year, but that's on the verge of being unbelievable.

It may seem weird that the classes are online but I still have to go to school, but that's cool because I can't procrastinate like I did when I was homeschooled. Also, if I have questions that aren't clear in the course, instead of going on the discussion forum, I could just raise my hand and ask the teacher, or alternatively, and more likely, just search it on Google like I would anyway. It basically allows me the social environment of normal school, but the ability and encouragement to do much more work. I'm still not sure about the "social environment" part because I have yet to make friends, but I've only been there two days. I'm beginning to make relationships with the staff though, which is cool because the school is relaxed and it's almost like you have a "buddy" relationship with everyone else in the school including the teachers and principal.

You may be wondering about the quadcopter tutorials I mentioned before, but you probably aren't, because you're probably me and already know of everything I've already done and thought and what I will do and will be thinking until right now, if that makes sense, which it does because you're me and this makes sense to me. Anyway, the first tutorial, on parts to buy for the quadcopter, will probably be put up today. If not, probably not until next week, and if not then, a couple months, as usual. I have to go now because I need to do stuff and an awesome Basshunter song just started playing too.

No comments: