Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday

Just wanted to let you know what day it was. Thought I should inform you. So you know what I said about not doing the tutorial because I wanted to do schoolwork? It turns out, it probably would have been more productive to do the tutorial. I got a day's worth of work done in one class after that. I've realized I'm much more productive at school. My personal first day of class was yesterday, and I had gotten a week's worth of work done by first block today. I just have one complaint so far with my classes. My Spanish II teacher has all kinds of questions on her quizzes. True/false, multiple choice, fill in the blank, etc... that's fine. Every teacher does that. I just don't like how the fill in the blank questions are graded by the computer. If you mistype one period or word, you don't get any credit even though you could have gotten the purpose of the question right. This caused me to get a 12/20 or something on one quiz which brought my average down to 90%. That's bad. I'm uncomfortable with anything below 97%.

In my AP Computer Science class, we had an assignment where we had to select a picture chosen by the teacher and describe how to draw it in plain text without saying what it is or what's in it. Afterwards, we had to go to a classmate's instructions and draw what they said. This is what I drew:
This is what it was supposed to look like:
As you can see, mine looks more like two deformed teddy-bears chopped apart with a spike in the middle of a hug. Apparently, that's how you draw a butterfly. So anyway, I thought that was interesting enough to post here. I wrote a "hello world" application for the first time ever in that class too. I've never written my programs like that before. I've always tried to be more original. I wanted to type "System.out.println("something original")" or something, but I've failed in my epic quest to avoid the boring "hello world". So anyway, that's all I have to say. The tutorial will be released when it is. Thank you for reading.

No comments: